Quick Slipper Bites

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Holocaust Museum Reflection - camper Lindsay Goldstein

My trip to the Holocaust Museum was moving. Even though I’ve been there once before, when you’re younger, you don’t get the same effect until you’re older and you can understand more. Personally, being there and just sitting in the presence of all that history made me cry.

Just listening to what they had to say, and looking at pictures of the torture they had to go through just really makes you think, “Why?” “Why would one man hate one race of people so badly that he would think of people as bugs that need to be exterminated?”

I’ll admit, at times, just looking at pictures just made me cry. It’s horrible. I think it was one of the best trips I’ve been on, and I really appreciate having the camp take us there.

Lindsay Goldstein
Council Girls, Bunk N

No comments: