Quick Slipper Bites

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Camper Passages

Hi Friends, Family, and Slipperites,

I am very proud to share with you blog entries written by several of our campers. There are four "Camp Reports" written by campers in Strauss. I also have four more entries from campers in Vogelson, a short story by Damani in Bunk 2, and some poetry from Robbie T. in bunk 13 that I need to type...plus tomorrow we will have more camper entries! For now enjoy the following entries, which were typed exactly as how the campers wrote them to capture their exact thoughts!

Alexandria C. - Bunk B Age 8
What I've done at camp so far is.......went to the camp fire and ate smores. We went swimming. I did drama and I'm Molly in Annie. I played on the playground with my friends. My friends are Sofiya, Rachel, and Brittney and lots of more friends. All the countslors are nice, thoughtful, cool, specially sweet, fun, funny and lots of more words.

Rachel B. - Bunk B Age 8
So far at camp I've met tons of friends, tasted delicous food, did drama, met again my village leader, had fun, met my awsome counslers, was embarresed on stage in the welcome show and laughed. I am playing Tessie in Annie. I also have been sleeping and thinking.

Alison N. - Bunk F Age 11
While I've been in camp, I've had a great time. We get to do plenty of activities. The Strauss village leader rocks! The food is good and so is the desert. Our director Uncle Tom does a great job running the camp. I would say this is the best overnight camp I've ever been to, and I've been to alot of overnight camps.

Jackie K. - Bunk F Age 10
Our Strauss Village Leader is the best. She is so much fun. The food is the best. It is the best food in GSC history. The activities are great. There are 33 activities. Some of them are art, basketball, creative writing, and even sign language. My favorite activities are arts and crafts and vollyball. I love Golden Slipper Camp!

Take care, and don't forget to vote on your favorite GSC mascot picture by e-mailing bruben@alumni.arcadia.edu before Wednesday, July 4.


Sincerely,
Uncle Brando

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Melanie Warne, remember me? I want to say hi ti my niece Taylor and my nephew Michael the Champ. And also I want to wish my sister Victoria a early Happy Birthday!

ellen said...

The people taking the pictures and posting them are amazing! I'm also enjoying the blog messages and comments! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Hi , this is Katie Lynn , Victoria's sister. I want to wish her an early Happy Birthday. She is going to be a teenager on Monday. Congratulations to Michael on his team winning the championship and Hi to Taylor!

Anonymous said...

Hi to Ashley C. Hope you are having a fantastic time at camp. I saw your pics....you look AWSOME!!! Mom