Quick Slipper Bites

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Vogelson entries & Damani's story

Hi Friends, Family, and Slipperites,

Today's weather is absolutely beautiful! The sun came out, and we were able to enjoy our first cookout underneath a cloudless sky. Everyone here has their fingers crossed in hopes that the weather continues.

It has been a busy few days, so I apologize for not updating the blog yesterday. Our priority here is to provide the campers with the best camp experience possible, so that unfortunately means that some days the blog will be pushed aside in place of other responsibilities.

Our evening activities the past two nights were Night at the Races and Leagues Tug of War. The races involved many members of our camp family, and the bunks that picked the most winners were Bunks 1 & 5, with Bunk D in a close second. Tonight, Vogelson/Strauss will play Deal or No Deal while Kadden/Friends/Council Boys/Council Girls. Tomorrow night will be Slipper Book of Records, where campers try to break previous highs and enter GSC history. An update of broken records will be shared!

I do want to share entries written by our Vogelson campers, as well as Damani's story. The story was typed first exactly as how Damani wrote it, and second with a 'translation' to help you understand his story.

Have a good day, and don't forget to vote in our Mascot contest (deadline is July 4)!
Uncle Brando

Damani's story
Copter One

Once upon atime there was a man that was relly dumn. he was so dumn wehe was dumner than a cartoon, but one day wile he was walking there was a crane that was carying a big peice of metl for a safe in a new bilding in construson. then, BANG...When the man woke up he was in the hospital. "Where am I?" said the man. "You are in the hospital" said the lady. "You were just in a opraishon and your body parts have been replaced with bionic body parts. soon a sintist will pick you up and teach you." Beep Beep. "There he is now" said the lady. "Gooday old chap" said the sintist. "Hi" said the dumn man. So the sintist tout him all that he knew and the dumn man became a ditctev and travled around the world and solved misteryes. The End.

Chapter One

Once upon a time there was a man that was really dumb. He was so dumb, he was dumber than a cartoon, but one day while he was walking there was a crane that was carrying a big piece of metal for a safe in a new building in construction. Then, BANG....When the man woke up he was in the hospital. "Where am I?" said the man. "You are in the hospital" said the lady. "You were just in an operation and your body parts have been replaced with bionic body parts. Soon a scientist will pick you up and teach you." Beep Beep. "There he is now" said the lady. "Good Day Old Chap" said the scientist. "Hi" said the dumb man. So the scientist taught him all that he knew and the dumb man became a detective and traveled around the world and solved mysteries. The End

Vlad B. Bunk 6 Age 11
Yesterday in the pavilun we had a dance. It was called The Welcome back pajam-a-jam. I was dancing for a long time with Uncle Gabe. Golden Slipper's chefs are better then last year. GSC is the best even the counslers in our bunk like Uncle Chris Kerns, Uncle Aaron Saches, Uncle Tyrone Geary, and Uncle Nir Galia. I would like to say hi to my mom and dad.

Jeffrey W. Bunk 6 Age 11
Last night at the dance it was fun and I boogied on down. The food here is great because we have new chefs. I played basketball for my leagues team the Scorpians. It was fun. Tonight I'm doing night at the races. It'll be fun. Hi Mom. Uncle Chris Kerns is my favorite consulor. Hi Dad. Hi Bec.

Vitaliy K. Bunk 5 Age 11
This is a great camp because this camp has everything like great cookers, allmost every sport. My favorite part is the dances. My favorite food was chicken noodle soup today at lunch. Today I played basketball, but my favorite sport is ga-ga. P.S. Hi mom. send more candy and my skateboard.

Michael M. Bunk 1 Age 8
Play Ga-Ga-Ga. I played kickball. Yesterday I did video. Hi mom, dad, grandmom and pop-pop. I ate a hoagie for lunch today. I love you mom dad grandmom and grandpop. Mom send candy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello GSC.......I am glad to hear your having a great time Michael M and I miss you so much!! It is great to hear from you and I love you buddy! I will send you some candy and other goodies to share with your friends!! See you very soon.

Love,
Mommy

Anonymous said...

I would like to wish my sister Victoria Warne a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope your having a great time with your friends and tell my Taylor & MIchael that I love and miss them! See you when you get home and I can't wait to have our big family vacation up the mountains so we can spend some summer time together!!

Love your big sis,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

hey taylor and michael hope you are having a good time and can't wait to see you don't forget to write when you have time miss you guys and love you,dad

Anonymous said...

Hello Tatyana,
I hope you are having a great time, I see you smiling and laughing and having fun. Just be yourself, and have fun. I love you so..so..so much. I will see you soon, and we will have fun. Relax and enjoy yourself. You will be getting more letters from me soon!! Love Mommy!! Lakeea Lowry