Quick Slipper Bites

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Deal or No Deal & Kadden Camper Entries

Hi Family, Friends, and Slipperites,

Last night was Vogelson/Strauss Deal or No Deal, and our younger campers certainly enjoyed it. Joey H. (Bunk 5) and Chris P. (Bunk 2) earned 425 points for Vogelson, and Rachel E. (Bunk B) and Kennedy M. (Bunk E) earned Strauss 960 points towards the Asherman Cup. The race for the Asherman Cup is heating up (today we had a "Where Am I?" challenge, where the campers had to identify camp locations based on extreme close-up pictures -- we will post them later for you to guess) and there are a lot of points up for grabs over the next 10 days.

Tonight our campers will try to break records in Slipper Book of Records, and we will post the record-breakers as soon as they are ready. Also, a total of twenty campers are competing in the primaries today, and one representative from each village by dinner tonight. The six candidates will compete to become Camper President and Vice President, each with a variety of responsibilities and privileges. I'll keep you updated on the results as soon as they are ready.

In the meantime, enjoy the following entries written by Kadden campers. And someday, very soon, something special will happen!

-Uncle Brando

Kyle L. Bunk 10
So far, Camp is the bomb-digity. It feels like I've already been here for weeks, yet this is only the morning of day 6. That's most likely because I know everyone. My counselors are all new, but I've known 1 of them for two years. I'm still in the same double bunk as last year, but that was because of maintenence on one of the bunks. My village leader is the best. Go Spoon!

Casey S. Bunk 9
So far I am having fun at camp. The food has gotten so much better. I am beasting up the ga ga pit. My counselors are the best. It is fun to meet new people each year. My village leader is very funny and makes my year here a lot more fun. I enjoy listening to his random facts each day. I am going to play basketball and go to the lake today. I hope I have fun today, and the
rest of this encampment. I am stuck in the same bunk as last year. My leagues team is really beast.

Roman N. Bunk 9
Hey Mom,
Camp is fun. I have awesomerifick counselors. But I'm stuck in the same bunk as last year. So are my friends, but that's still kool. I'm living a non-hyper week so send me candy and drinks and a hat....it's HOT! My village leader (VL) is funny, he is head of the camp and wears a spoon on his hat so we call him Uncle Spoon. He has comic knowledge. Dance was 2 days ago and I
got all "de" ladies with my fly moves. Before that I had something called leagues and we were on teams. The theme is telli-tubi characters. Much Love, Roman

Joe P. Bunk 9
So far camp has been pretty beast. My counslers are the bomb diggity. I've really been liking the food this encampment also. I have been becoming good friends with new people in my bunk, even though I got stuck back in bunk 9, when I was last year. My village leader is the best! Uncle Spoon lives in the middle room of my bunk. I enjoy every second of his weirdness. Uncle B-Rad knows all. Peace!

1 comment:

ellen said...

yahoo NOT easy to sign up to vote for mascot. i vote for bunk 6 midget