Quick Slipper Bites

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Slipper Idol and First Accomplishments

Hello Friends, Family, and Slipperites,

We're looking at another overcast day, but that wasn't enough to damper our spirits this morning. We have celebrated 4th of July in a festive manner, beginning with Aunt Jessica Schaffel leading us in the Star Spangled Banner and continuing with American-themed music throughout our Red, White, and Blue Lunch! We also celebrated Uncle Tom O'Neill's one year anniversary as our director with a standing ovation and singing of the TO chant!

In other news, our Slipper Idol talent show was filled with many talented singers. Aunt Audrea and Damani O. (Bunk 2) did a fantastic job hosting, and each act was worthy of winning. Our top 5 finishers, in order, were:

5. Michelle P. (Bunk D)
4. Julia W. (Bunk N)
3. Kylie C. (Bunk D)
2. Ashley C. (Bunk D)
2007 1st Encampment Slipped Idol = Jesse C. (Waiters)!!!!

Congratulations to all of our Slipper Idol contestants!

Also, we have announced the following firsts during the past few days:

-Andrew B. (Bunk 5) learned to drop-in at the skate park and yes; that's a good thing!
-Tonee W. (Bunk A) climbed Lake Road on her bike (a very tough hill)!
-James V. (Bunk 8) learned how to ride a bike (thanks to Uncle Max)!!!
-Vitaliy K. (Bunk 5) did 9 laps in the 3 Minute Race!
-Michelle K. (Bunk F) shot her first 5 bulls eyes of the encampment!

Congrats to all of our campers (and Uncle Max) for another great day at Golden Slipper!

I'm anxiously awaiting the votes for our Camper President!
Uncle Brando

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Ash....I wish I could have heard you!!! Love Mom

H. Wendy Katz said...

Go Madi Go !!!!
Hi girls and all the GSC team.
My girls love GSC. Keep up the great work. Wish I was there.

Love the blog and the pictures are great.

Mom to Alison and Madi Nitzky

H. Wendy Katz said...

SOOOO Who won th election can't wait to read results...everyone did their best al my love mom

mom to Ali and Madi

H. Wendy Katz said...

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well. Well...who won the elections? Write me!!! ARe you getting your packages? Haven't heard from you..you MUST BE HAVING FUN !!!!

Love
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hello Tatyana,
How are you? It seems as if you are having a good time, I am glad. Did you get your box? Please email me if you can at Lakeeap@aol.com, and write me. I will be writing you. I saw you swimming, and participating in gymnastics. Great job!! I love you so much, Plenty of hugs and kisses, Love mommy!! Be Good.

Anonymous said...

How come there haven't been any new blog posts in a few days?

Anonymous said...

Go, Danni! And all of Bunk P :D. You must be having fun because you are hardly writing to us! The pictures certainly show that you're having fun! I know you love GSC! When do the parents get to go (back) to camp? My coworkers and I are looking at the photos and wishing we were there instead of in the hot city working!
---
<3, Max (Mom to Danielle S.)

Unknown said...

Hi Danni -- Bunk P WAITRESS!!! Glad to see you got my packages! I'm glad you're having fun!! I'm sending you another thing tomorrow, hope you get it soon!!! I love you munchkin!

Love, Sarie

Anonymous said...

Hello Tatyana
How are you? I hope you have a chance to read my blogs. I just wanted to say that I love you, and I hope that you are having lots of fun. Please write me, and I will see you next week. Love mommy.